BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous vehicles and engines    Peugeot 3008 suitable for 100% biodiesel?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peugeot 3008 suitable for 100% biodiesel?
 Login/Join

posted
I am interested in buying a Peugeot 3008 diesel hybrid. Would this work with 100% biodiesel? If not, what modifications would be needed to make it work?

If this isn't possible, what would be the most efficient diesel car that could use 100% biodiesel with no modifications or problems?

Thanks in advance for any help.

posted Hide Post
If you can time travel to 3008 and bring back any vehicle, it will probably run on solar energy or nuclear, not combustion of any fuel.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gina O,

Welcome to the forum!
We do not pay much attention to our grumpy old time-traveling septuagenarian except to have a laugh.

There is LOTS to consider when deciding whether a car is suitable for biodiesel or not.
There are a LOT of unknowns about using biodiesel in these later diesels that people just make wild guesses about without any real knowledge what they are talking about.

If I had enough money to buy a Peugeot 3008 diesel hybrid I would be very reluctant to run biodiesel in it.
However, if I were a squillionaire, I would buy one and run it on B100 just to see what happened.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tilly.

Is it true that most pre 2005 cars can run on B100 without problems? If so, what's the most efficient car that can definitely run on it? Or at least a good one?

I had read that the Citroen Xsara is good but the secondhand ones that are 2004 and earlier all seem to have quite high mileage on them. I'm in the UK, by the way, so there are some differences in the makes and models available over here compared to the US.