BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous vehicles and engines    Diesel motorcycle web site - with links and pics

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diesel motorcycle web site - with links and pics
 Login/Join

posted
Just happened to run across this dieselbike.net website, it has links to info about the military diesel bike and some other commercial bikes, and a good bit of info and pics of custom bikes. Looks like there may be a few new engines available, the "Ruggerini 2-cylinder Diesel" engine looks interesting.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about a diesel bike project for some time now, I have a couple of Lomberdini 451 CC single cylinder air cooled 12 HP @ 3600 rpm engines looking to be used for something, one is to replace a similar sized Kohler gasoline engine on a 4KW 1800 rpm RV generator but I was wondering if the other would be large enough to power a bike, looks like it probably is, probably not a freeway rider but should do fine around town.

BUT - more power would be nice, I have heard of using SMOG AIR PUMPS on small engines as SUPERCHARGERS but web searches kept finding posts by inexperienced uninformed young kids saying it would never work (sorta like home brewed biodiesel will kill your motor). More diligent web searching found THIS - SUPERCHARGING SMALL ENGINES website, WOW - tons of info and pics of mostly bikes that have been supercharged, some from way long ago, some from now, and many as small as 50 CC's. Yes, it is all about gasoline engines but a diesel should be even simpler since there is no fuel involved, just pressurized air, no backfire overpressure problems to contend with.

This site says a smog pump will create at least 5 pounds pressure, other places I have read up to even 30 pounds, 5 pounds sounds about right for a single cylinder air cooled NA diesel engine, it would bump my engine up to something around 16-17 hp and not add too much strain on anything - I HOPE. Being a supercharger rather than a turbo the boost also comes on at much lower engine RPM's and more gradually, sounds pretty good.

AND it is a simple belt drive add-on to experiment with, might even add a bit of alcohol into the intake for passing?

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally finished my biodiesel motorcycle. 62 mpg, 65 mph, 3-cylinder Diahatsu/Briggs engine, 1976 Moto Guzzi chassis/tranny. Plenty of power for taller gearing, if I can figure an easy way to accomplish that. For now it's completely practical as a commute vehicle. I intend to ride it to every possible biodiesel/alternative energy get-together next year.

ImageTed1.jpg (11 Kb, 10 downloads) Diesel Moto Guzzi

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Craig Vetter's Fuel Economy Challenges, which take place in real-world conditions. Streamlining is more important than brute hp. I plan to attend next year, even though my 62 mpg looks like a gas guzzler compared to the 142 mpg that won this year.

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, you must know that diesel produces more pollution as compared to petrol. Cars with either diesel or petrol are highly contributing towards pollution as compared to motorbikes. So, to make our city green, clean and pollution free, we should use motorcycles more as compared to other vehicles.
You can buy diesel motorbikes from several sources. I purchased my diesel engine motorbike last month from http://dieselgrossisten.no/ http://dieselgrossisten.no/ at affordable price. It gives efficient power and runs smoothly. You can also find military and commercial bikes on this website.