BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    01-04 LB7 owners injector problems

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

01-04 LB7 owners injector problems
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone here had to replace their injectors on their 01-04 LB7 duramax motor. On the site dieselplace.com it is a very common problem and I was wondering what effect positive or negative b100 might have on my newly acquired 02 duramax.

posted Hide Post
I have 01 duramax, GM replaced all the injectors for free because 1 failed at 90,000 miles.
Have been using approx. B50 for 75000 miles no problems. Make sure you know how to change filters on the road, you might plug a filter when the petro junk gets cleaned out of tank and lines. Filters can be changed in about 5 minuets. Always know the quality of your fuel. Bad fuel will cause problems.

Location: Central WI | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 2002 Duramax has 200,209 miles and has had five sets of injectors. GMC replaced four at their expense and I paid for the last set. Have had fuel filter plugging problems with my biodiesel.
Suspect problem originates in my OEM tank, which will be dropped, inspected and replaced if necessary. Called Transfer Flow, Inc. about a custom tank and was told their tanks would not hold up to biodiesel (100) due to the composition of material used. GMC said their tank is impervious and would not be harmed by using B100! The last fuel filter removed showed thick build up, much like the consistency of Clear SNOT!! The last stage of filtering prior to filling my tank is through a 2Micron Bio filter!!

RENO

Location: CA | Registered: November 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the "clear snot" the growing of fungus or algae or whatever can grow in diesel fuel? I have seen it a black color before.
I had this happen on a tractor. It keeps growing as long as water is present in fuel. So, filter all you want... until you kill the growth it will continue.
Wags

Location: waterloo, il | Registered: July 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post