BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    Little problem....Anyone have any ideas??

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little problem....Anyone have any ideas??
 Login/Join

posted
I have been making and running my own biodiesel for about 4 years now. Ive had my diesel tested to meet ASTM and it did/does. Starting this summer however, my truck (when running biodiesel) will throw either high fuel rail pressure or sometimes low fuel rail pressure. The idling fluctuates as well. Once the biodiesel is out and I have run a tank of reg diesel through, all clears up. So I figure since the biodiesel is a little thicker than reg diesel that somewhere, Im getting clogged....But where? What am I missing? I have put in two new fuel filters, replaced the filter housing...I have tested and tested my biodiesel and it checks out...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Its a 2006 LBZ with 80,000 miles...Thanks

posted Hide Post
How have you tested your fuel? What was specifically tested to deliver the verdict of "ASTM"?

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was tested a company who does ASTM testing for various other companies...no not cheap but worth it..AS well as it passes every test we home brewers do at home. Im stating that to let everyone know Im not just doing a rush brew and gassen up.. I check and recheck...Now anyone have any ideas what may be the problem??

posted Hide Post
Get a lift pump. I got the AirDog II 165. Easy install and no more wierd rail pressure codes.

------------------------------
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of men better than himself.

-John Stuart Mill

Location: NJ | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your injectors are likely partially clogged. I have cleaned a number of sets of these injectors where biofuel was used and have found them clogged partially or fully.

Your symptoms are precisely what the other vehicles had.

Specifically the running with diesel versus bio situation.

Contact me at Dmaxwrenchkit.com

for help with this

Dmaxwrenchkit.com