BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    Looking at buying an 05 Duramax

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at buying an 05 Duramax
 Login/Join

posted
HI, we are considerting buying an 05 duramax and would like to know if there are any issues with running B100? i currently drive an 04 Jetta which i've been running on B100 for a year and a half with zero issues. the odd filter every 6 months .. not because they are clogged but more because of regular maintenance. i've ran it for nearly 40,000 miles with no issues.

now that i'm thinking of trading in my caravan for a diesel truck i'm interested in knowing the issues.

Please help
Luc

posted Hide Post
Hi
For running b100, none at all except grey smoke at over 550 hp not black.
There is no dpf but an easily "storable" catalytic convertor, makes a good wall ornament.

As for an '05 lly, need to modify or upgrade turbo mouth piece, too restricting.
When pushing near 500 hp or more, convertor will slip, need upgrade.
Eats tires, too much torque, I'm on my third set at 40,000.
Dual alternators are sweet, can power my house with it.
I run a ss 5" exhaust turbo back, only loud under load, can wake the dead.
Banks or EFI live are a must, 120 hp injectors are a plus, hd trans upgrade if you want over 1000 ftlbs of torque.
Stock is good, but no one else can make as much power, they know it is true.
Now for the hate mail.