BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    B100 approved for 2010 Duramax diesels!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B100 approved for 2010 Duramax diesels!
 Login/Join

posted
At least that is what my buddy was told when shopping for a replacement for his 2005 6.0L powerstroke the other day. He had asked- what about this biodiesel that I have heard about?

Can you believe what dealers will do to try and sell cars nowadays? They showed him some paper with some really small print that he didn't examine closely....

Here's my personal opinion on why B20: because that is what is typically available in retail markets that have quality control in place. There are many homebrewers who don't even wash their fuel and I think the manufacturers realize if they open their models up to B100 then there are potentially a lot of problems arising from poorly made biodiesel.

posted Hide Post
That makes some sense...

But there is always the chicken and the egg argument.

Which should come first, the manufactures that make a product capable of running B100, or the retailers that sell B100, or the consumers that purchase it?

If all businesses were run the same way, we would still be watching Black and White TV as nobody would be making color TV shows. Nobody would be buying Color TV sets, and nobody would be manufacturing color TV sets.

This, of course, ignores the extraordinary boost in sales that can occur by convincing everyone with a perfectly good BW TV set that they must go out and buy a new Color TV set. And, then changing the rules again and convincing the new owners of color CRT sets to go out and buy a new color HDTV set.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be too hard though for a manufacturer to make an engine B100 "SAVE". Think about the publicity: "Flexdiesel" Model up to 100% bio approved. There is your first step.
I think the bigger reason against bio endorsment would be the enormous subsidies loss from the oil companies.

Thomas

Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shouldn't be too hard though for a manufacturer to make an engine B100 "SAVE".

SAVE what?

BTW, the subject line is nothing more than wishful thinking from someone who believes in fairy tales.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freesoul:
At least that is what my buddy was told when shopping for a replacement for his 2005 6.0L powerstroke the other day. He had asked- what about this biodiesel that I have heard about?

Can you believe what dealers will do to try and sell cars nowadays? They showed him some paper with some really small print that he didn't examine closely....

Here's my personal opinion on why B20: because that is what is typically available in retail markets that have quality control in place. There are many homebrewers who don't even wash their fuel and I think the manufacturers realize if they open their models up to B100 then there are potentially a lot of problems arising from poorly made biodiesel.

You can read it here: http://www.dmaxcentral.com/for...howthread.php?t=4005 but only B20 has been approved.

Dave

Making/running B100
07 Duramax LBZ
06 Jetta TDI
Spend most my time on www.dmaxcentral.com - duramax forum

Location: Mesa, Az  | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post