BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    2 tank B100 conversion. Golden Fuel systems mock-up

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 tank B100 conversion. Golden Fuel systems mock-up
 Login/Join

posted
Will post same message at the two tank Forum section.

2004.5 LLY Duramax
I believe in this system. I have almost all components needed to make the 2 tank conversion with switching valve. Check out the following link. I have nearly everything to spec. I have the Racor 1000 filter and the 3B hose. I have my own tank, a black TRADESMAN 37 gallon tank, the only component not to spec. My question is where and how do i splice into existing fuel lines. The lines are metal nearly all the way to the filter. It's a black hose into and out of the filter housing. From reading about numerous problems with filter housing problems, I plan to splice between filter and pump. Could cut black line or use fitting to avoid cutting, and restore to stock easier. The question is do I replace the line?(are they rubber or do they contain vitol??) The switching valve will be mounted with large diameter washers to the plastic fender. I've considered getting a long bed Dodge for this project, seems like they are a lot more bio-friendly. Any comments, input, or ideas will be GREATLY appreciated.

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.c..._tankless_newer.html

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.c...ts_systems_chevy.php

I grow it, I make it, I burn it

BIODIESEL

Location: southern IL | Registered: August 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Duramax isnt any more or less bio friendly than a dodge. The VP44 injection pump on the dodge is considered by many to be a reason to NOT use SVO or Bio. The Common rail dodges are no different than the duramax with respect to needing clean, DRY, steady supply of fuel.

As for where to tie in a second fuel system for SVO, under the intake manifold are the feed and supply lines to the injection pump. It is best to work there.

The Duramax uses fuel to cool a control module and there are 2 different thoughts in this arena.

One is that the 160*F SVO oil temp will not have a negative effect on the module as it can withstand temps in the 225*F realm. Following this belief, a system could be tied in earlier in the fuel supply.

The second is to ad another diverter and pump and recirculate the petro (or B5-B100) from the main fuel tank in order to cool the module while the SVO is being pumped to the IP.

I prefer the second method, although it is more costly with the addition of another diverter and a pump. The pump only needs to move fuel, it can be of lesser capacity to save cost.
As for set up of this "cooler loop", allow the fuel to circulate from the tank, to the module, through the factory filter, the pump and the factory fuel cooler. Exact placement of the pump and diverter is up to the installer.

The benefit of the second method is shorter purge time, no perceived risk to the module, and polishing of the fuel in the main tank.

I hope this helps.

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...=857104535#857104535

Location: Arlington, Va.  | Registered: October 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever follow through with this? How did you handle the fuel cooler?

Location: NJ | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post