BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    In-line fuel heater for a 6.6 Duramax

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In-line fuel heater for a 6.6 Duramax
 Login/Join

posted
I'm having problems with fuel gelling in the fuel filter of my dad's '05 Duramax during the winter cold here in California. Can anyone suggest an inline fuel heater that would work?

Thanks for your responses.

Location: Mariposa, CA | Registered: December 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depends on what you want, electric,? coolant? full time? part time?

here is some links to some cheaper ones it's all in what you want to spend

electric 1

super cheap electric coolant type

Location: Florida | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these about a month ago for my WVO filter. Works great up here in Ontario. Temps have been as low as -10 C. I got the 50 watt model and wired it to the ignition so it's on all the time when the car is running. Cost 100 buck Canadian.

http://www.dieselproducts.com/...t/filter_heater.html

Todd

Location: Oshawa, Ontario. Canada | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice item but way to expensive for me!

Location: Florida | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if the 05 is the same as my Lbz, but from what I understand, the fuel system uses fuel circulating to cool the computer. I'm no expert on the matter, but it did scare me enough to rule out a tank heater without seperate plumbing(which I'm still trying to learn more about).
I like the looks of the 50watt filter heater looks like enough heat just before hitting the fuel rail.
Oh and Btw, I see this is an old post,(not total dumb newbie) just didn't see any other type info in the D-max forum here.
edit: now I see, thought this might be a much more accurate explanation

posted Hide Post
I bought a spring flow heater from Utahbiodieselsupply.com and it worked awesome all winter and really reduced the % of diesel mix needed to keep frpm jelling. We had a couple of weeks of 10 below and I had no issues. Nice unit and easy to install.

Location: Cle Elum, WA | Registered: June 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i also need a nice fuel heater, if you can get one, please tell me, thanks
LED car headlights

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wilson,