BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  6.6 Duramax    02 Duramax LB7 - BD or blended WVO - the "easy way"

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

02 Duramax LB7 - BD or blended WVO - the "easy way"
 Login/Join

posted
I have been doing as much research as possible and want to get away from diesel #2. As far as I have read, BD seems to be much preferred over a WVO blend. Other than the added effort in making it, the other downside I find (which not many people seem to talk about) is getting rid of the methanol laced glycerin.

I met someone the other week who took a class several years ago from someone who promotes blending WVO with unleaded fuel, kerosene and two other additives which I forget the name of. Stirs for two hours - strains it (through 2 filters down to 2 mc) and into the tank it goes. No conversion in the vehicle, no heat applied, and no byproduct -sounds WAY too simple to be good for the vehicle.

He drives a Ford 7.3 which I have read is not as finiky on fuel types as the LB7.

Anyone out there run a system similar to this or have any ideas?

What do you all do with the glycerin (I am not rural and can't fertilize a field with it).