BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Classified ads  Hop To Forums  WVO/SVO/UVO For Sale/Wanted    Looking for WVO in INDIANA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for WVO in INDIANA
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for large amounts of WVO for sale in Indiana or anyone wanting to buy bulk oil from a large company. I'm talking around 4,000-15,000 gallons a week at least. E-mail me at indianabiofuels@yahoo.com

Posts: 5 | Location: Indiana | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
Hi Indianabiofuels,

Welcome to the forum.

Your question is a valid one, and this forum is the place for it. Some members are seemingly more interested in trying to play "cop" than allowing the free exchange of information that this forum was created to support.

That being said, with the price of yellow grease nationally around $0.45 per pound, $2.00/gallon oil may be a bargain, depending on its FFA and water content.

Here's a link to a weekly roundup of ag energy prices, including yellow grease:

http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/lswagenergy.pdf

BTW, There is an "ignore" function on this forum that allows you to remove individual's posts from your viewing experience, simply right click on their user name and add them to your ignore list.

Cheers,

Bob

Got Renewable Fuel?

Posts: 213 | Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yellow grease,as it is called, has gone through the roof as soon as the big renderers figured out it was a commodity rather than the waste it was once considered to be. It is now maketable due to the popularity of biodiesel.

Never let it said that a good thing stays that way for long. I suppose this underscores that biodiesel is best left at the home based level rather than trying to compete in the overall energy market eh? Some have done it successfully, much to their credit, although those would be the exception rather than the rule IMO.

Right now the price of yellow grease is what is hurting commercial biodiesel more than any one single issue and has already been the downfall of smaller operations that simply could not keep up with the costs. Here yellow grease is hovering around $1.00/liter x 3.78 (convert liter to USgal) = $3.78/USgal
Diesel fuel at the pump is around $1.40/L x 3.78 = $5.29/USgal. By the time overhead (production, salaries, locale ect) is factored in it is a clear no-go.

The big rendering companies could give a frig about environmental issues, it s all about the profit margin, and in the process they are killing a good thing (what a surprise).

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Posts: 6659 | Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IndianaBioFuels-

I have access to the amount of WVO you are requesting. We are located in the Greater Cincinnati area. If interested, please email me at MobileKingOilManagement@gmail.com so we can privately discuss details.

Thank you.

Michael Walther
Manager, Business Development
MobileKing

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post