BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Where to get hardwood shavings?????/

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get hardwood shavings?????/
 Login/Join

posted
All I can find around here is pine shavings, I'm not to sure about using them. I have not seen a post where somone may order hardwood,on line.Does anyone know where to get them? I have bio backing up on me and I need to get them washed , I'm tired of water washing.

Location: Texas | Registered: May 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get ecopure until I found a source of hardwood sawdust. Its good value compared to buying resin and light years from water washing. You could buy a mulcher and collect wood to grind up in it - smallish twigs and thin branches, bark and all. It doesnt need to be seasoned wood, so long as its dry.

Location: Scotland | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted 14 April 2010 07:44 AM
hi every one

I have set up my dry wash system .a 220L barrel more than half fill with red oke saw dust/shaving pure the row bio in.took two hours to pump 120 L to a drum after few hours I started drain from the tap with the flow rate of 500ML a min finish product is crystal clear but shake-up water test is fail.the water is not clear is murky.any idea to solve this by the way I took photo of my set up if I can send it I am new to this forum I don't know how to do this but I try

posted Hide Post
Habib, its resin. If you stir the water you will find that the murkiness settles and the water will be clear. Your next batch will have no resin, and the resin will fall out of this first batch naturally in a few days.

posted Hide Post
i thought hard wood has no resin. is that wright

posted Hide Post
Habib, all wood contains resin, some more than others, particularly softwoods, but they all do. You should read up on methods you hear about on here first before starting to use them. It would save you a lot of trouble.

posted Hide Post
hi jehu

whene u finish prossing how long do u wait before u pour your bio to a filtering drum

thanks
habib

posted Hide Post
I leave the biodiesel overnight to let the last of the glycerol settle.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jehu:
I leave the biodiesel overnight to let the last of the glycerol settle.
when u do shaken up test how long do u have to wait to get clear water.u said last time is risen but after few bach my shaken up is hazy but after a day it gets very clear is that good or bad