BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Heat with corny kegs

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heat with corny kegs
 Login/Join

posted
I am running my bio through 2 corny kegs with wood chip and was wondering if you have to have it heated up to run properly.I am using the method that Jeff from Sun Bio is using but using chips instead of Purolite but does it need to be heated to run properly.Mine is running but seems to be getting very slow and hard to keep the flow going as its get colder at nights.Its down to 40 tonight and I can not get it to flow at all.Thanks

posted Hide Post
I would just think that the outlet area is too small at the bottom of the keg, ie there is no drainage area. Perhaps use something like an upside down collander (or a perforated smaller lid) to cover the hole before filling the keg up with shavings. That would increase the drainage area feeding the outlet.

Land Cruiser 4.2tdi, Figo 1.4tdci,
W123 240d

Location: Bottom tip of Africa, Port Elizabeth | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about 3 inches of marbles on the bottom with a hose and then a screen on top of it,so the chips do not get to the bottom.