BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    do you just settle before filtering or do the electrostatic separation

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do you just settle before filtering or do the electrostatic separation
 Login/Join

posted
I am starting to make the filters and was thinking of doing the electrostatic separation method also .If you are doing this what are you using for a power supply?

89 Ford F350 4x4 CC Repowered with 1997 5.9 cumins,100 fuel plate boost fooler set at 30psi.home built wvo set up.1987 300SDL Bio and wvo totaled by 06 Chevy truck on 5 26 06. 1999 E300td running bio, Black ext,gray int 36mpg at 70mph

Location: SW Wash | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are you trying to settle? Glycerin and/or wash water settles rapidly in an electrostatic field. Soap won't consistently settle this way.

I use a 1 mA 10 KV scientific supply I bought on ebay. 1mA really isn't enough, but it's good to learn with. 10 mA should be enough and still reasonably safe. You don't want to go higher than that unless a) you really know what you're doing b) you take all the appropriate safety precautions. It's too easy to just grab the hot lead when you don't mean to.

-- David

Location: Maine, USA | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post