BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Any definative answers

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any definative answers
 Login/Join

posted
I may have missed somthing in reading these posts, but have we any definative answers about using wood chips/celulose in the purification of our Bio ? ie which types of wood are best, how are the used, and how long to expect them to last.

Location: Derbyshire UK | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't there be a problem with BD leaching harmful contaminants like sap and resin out of the wood chips and into the BD?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that if you are using kiln dried hardwood, the sap and resin issue is pretty much nonexistent.

I just made a couple of bags of poplar shavings that I intend to use next week. I have used red oak. maple and lytus with good results. I have no idea how the poplar is going to work.

I take the spent shavings and press them down into a paper sack to make a nice fire starter for the fireplace. One sack burns for about 15 - 20 minutes. Plenty of energy to start a nice fire.

Location: Chambodia | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like there are NO DEFINATIVE ANSWERS out there. Makes you wonder Roll Eyes

Location: Derbyshire UK | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the jury is still out on this one Stumpy. Once my new pump is up and running I'll be doing some more testing.

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post