I made some one litre batches this winter and got carried away with the shaking part (the solution, not me). I thought sawdust might work for filtering it and cut the bottom out of a 2 litre pop bottle. Then I put a small piece of polypropelene screen over the cap with a clamp. Then I stuck the bottle onto another bottle top so it would drain into it. I poured the orangy looking bd into the sawdust (poplar) and waited a few minutes. Well, I thought, this is stupid. The sawdust just got wet and I didn't think it would do anything more, of course, other then to eventually get dry. The next morning, magic happened and I had a bottle full of absolutley clear bd. I took a little of it and put into another bottle and shook the heck out it and it stayed clear. I'm sold on it. Now to put it into action on the large scale.
Congrats Joe! Just be sure to demeth and settle the biodiesel before running it through the saw dust and you'll be good to go.
** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.