BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    My Cheap Eco2pure Experiment

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Cheap Eco2pure Experiment
 Login/Join

posted
I got a tall Rubbermaid trash can at home depot. I made a ring out of Starboard/Sunboard to fit tightly near the bottom. I mounted SS screen of 80 mesh doubled up to the ring. I placed a spigot from Jim D. at the bottom. Next put in about 15lbs. of Eco2pure. Ran 30 gals. of demethed BD through it in about 1-2 hours and was delighted to see clear as can be BD. Also hung a bag filter from the spigot to catch the fine stuff in the Eco2pure. Total cost without Eco2pure about 45 bucks. I did the 5% water prewash. I'm now wondering if I need to use water at all or if I need to even demeth. All comments welcome.

Location: Yorba Linda, CA | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should rephrase. My experiment demonstrates a very inexpensive way for small homebrewers to get into dry washing. Inexpensive, easy to build, quick to use, and great results.

Location: Yorba Linda, CA | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info! We sell a lot of Eco2Pure and customers are always asking for a low cost solution. If you keep on experimenting and let us all know the results ill give you a 10% discount on your Eco2Pure. Just email me with your name nathan@biodieselexpertsintl.com

Nathan DeMartino
www.drywashbiodiesel.com

posted Hide Post
I suspect no to the water and perhaps to the demeth. Ecopure will absorb some meth too. Only so much though. Then meth will keep soaps dissoved. Soaps unlikley to come out into ecopure while dissolved. I think.

mathematical elegance -- desired result achieved with minimal complication

Location: Manchester UK | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As recommended by the manufacture they say to demeth first then EcoPure, and DO NOT pretreat the EcoPure with methanol.

I sell EcoPure and as you say it works great, though I must admit it works even better through the custom designed rigs it was designed for.

Location: Derbyshire UK | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post