Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
New to this w/ ArborPure and getting very little life out of it.

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5521001332/m/7697014673

October 29, 2013, 08:24 PM
Racing4funn
New to this w/ ArborPure and getting very little life out of it.
My tower is 10" x 5 feet with a 10 gallon per hour pump.

My batches are 90 gallons at a time and after letting the resin soak for two days I get a very good first 90 gallon batch but after waiting 5 to 7 days to run another one I cant get the resin to filter and usually have consistent cloudy water with a water wash sample. I even run it threw again and still get dirty water. I put new resin in, let it soak and rerun and get perfect bio. I 24/7 test then and they test great and my oil is only 2 on a PH.

I should be getting better life than this!

Now my current problem is pictured below. This is a second 90 gallon batch run threw the resin and I got some clear water but some floating around soap maybe? Air temperature is almost 70

October 29, 2013, 10:26 PM
Jon Heron
Your wasting your time and money with resin, use wood chips for trouble free soap removal.
In any event, regardless of the media, you must remove all the methanol for good results and long lasting media, I suspect that's where you are failing...
Cheers,
Jon

Simple schematic for a pump and heater control with a high limit
Sensor for the biodiesel/glycerin layer
October 30, 2013, 08:27 AM
Racing4funn
My meth removal is nearly non existent.. I let it set top open for days.. I didnt know it was an issue. Ive read where half the people claim not to demeth.

The ArborPure is a wood chip. Maybe Ive miss used the terms by referring to it as resin. Anyway I can only use what can be bought and shipped to the house.. Im too dis attached to the rest of the world to hunt for my own,
October 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
Jon Heron
That is why it worked the first time only, the chips got saturated after the first run. If you can get the methanol out first the majority of the soaps will settle out before you filter it through the chips.
The other options, as I see them, would be to replace the chips after each run or use a much bigger chip container.
Also, upflow is very important as the soap accumulates on the bottom of the chip container, so if your filtering top down you will get soap coming out the outlet pipe long before the chips are spent...
Cheers,
Jon

Simple schematic for a pump and heater control with a high limit
Sensor for the biodiesel/glycerin layer
October 30, 2013, 08:47 PM
Racing4funn
Im running bottom up.. Im about done for the summer but I need badly to start demeth and find a process that works for me..

So the soap will drop out after meth is gone? Will I have to drain and lose some bio that is mixed with it in the bottom?