BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    DW-R10 vs Purolite

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DW-R10 vs Purolite
 Login/Join

posted
I've been debating on which dry wash resin to use in my towers. DW-R10 is a little cheaper and supposedly lasts longer than purolite (based upon the websites claim), but Purolites been around longer I believe. Anyone have any personal experience with both of them? I would imagine there probably isn't much difference in the end, but I just thought I'd check.

Location: Central IL | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I only have experience with the Purolite so can't help with a comparison. I will say though that if you are just setting up do yourself a favour and set up a drum of hard wood chips in front of the resin. It will greatly improve the life span of the exchange media.

HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I built two 8" diameter towers at the beginning of summer and filled them both with hardwood chips. But they've been exhausted so the plan is to fill the first tower with chips and the second with resin. Looking back I should've just used a 55gal drum (the towers only hold 26 gallons total and took alot of work to build) but now I've got a good vessel for resin. I've got 35 lbs of DW-R10 on the way so we'll see how it works out.

Location: Central IL | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post