BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    pool filter for wood chips failure

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pool filter for wood chips failure
 Login/Join

posted
I made the mistake of using a pool filter to hold my wood chips.The filter I chose has a multi position valve on top.The valve and seal are in no way compatible with the Bio.The valve cracked all over the place and the seal swelled a great deal so it is no longer usable.The rest of the filter appears to be OK.The laterals and other parts on the inside are probably fine.The tank is plastic and looks OK ,but I question that also.I tested pure methanol against small parts before I used this and saw no damage,but using it one time produced a different result.Material compatibility is crucial.Don't make the same mistake.Does some one know of a guide to known compatible plastics?

Location: la gloria | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi seth i am using a pool filter also the bowl is stainless but the plumbing is all pvc including the multi setting apparatus on top of the filter,im sure of the long term affect of BD on pvc but mine is fine after 4mths of continuos use BUT the rubber gasket the fits between the bowl and valve has swollen a bit but still usable i am thinking of using a fuel resistant grade gasket silicone to make a new seal, hope you can find a new BD resistant filter cause i reckon they are the business if you are short of time and dont have a degree in engineering and loads of cash to play with !

Location: new zealand | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post