BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    SawDust Drywashing

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SawDust Drywashing
 Login/Join

2013 Sponsor
posted
Hi

I've written an article on using sawdust, and eco2pure to purify biodiesel. I do not drywash with sawdust, so I'm going by what has been said here and on other forums. I realize there may be some inaccuracies or inadequacies in the article, so please feel free to point them out. I won't bite you for pointing them out. I'll do what I can to improve the article.

It's in the tutorial under waterless washing or more directly here.

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great article, but IMHO needs a link to a test for exhaustion as varying soap/ glyc/ methanol are all going to affect life.

- Paul

Location: Leeds | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
That's a good idea. A test to determine when the sawdust expires. Any ideas on what test that should be? Soap content? Flow rate? cloudiness? What are people using now?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RickDaTech,

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read your article, good job on getting it all together.

I can say this with certainty, if raw bio is filtered, in the 2-4% methanol range the fuel will not meet astm flashpoint.

I have also noticed the more methanol in the fuel the shorter the life of the sawdust. I determine life of sawdust by soap test. When fuel coming out gets to 100 ppm its time to change.