BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    sawdust source

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sawdust source
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone found a commercial/retail source for sawdust and/or wood shavings? I am building a filter system and would like to find a steady source.

Regards,
Jeff

posted Hide Post
Search for a shop that manufactures cabinets, flooring, wood blinds, staircases, mouldings. There are still a lot of shops open in the states in spite of overseas competition. You should be able to find someone who will give you the shavings.

Location: Chambodia | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coopers, furniture manufacturers and conservatory makers.

Location: Scotland | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will give it a shot. I am just worried that the sawdust may be contaminated with glues, etc. From particle board and the like.

posted Hide Post
You definitely want to know the source of the shavings. If the shavings come off a router, planer, jointer, moulder or shaper you stand a better chance of it being from a solid wood source. If the sawdust comes off a tablesaw, your chances of it coming from plywood or composite board products are increased significantly.

Look at what they manufacture and then decide if you want their waste.

Location: Chambodia | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
And then there is always the saw mill Wink

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post