BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Draining up?

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Draining up?
 Login/Join

posted
I do not have enough height in my area to get a real good gravity drain on my chips and the flow is almost non existent.Using 2 cornie kegs and wood chips,now my question is if I was to use a 20 gal.plastic drum and fed it in the bottom and drained it off the top when it came up through the chips,would this method work as good as going from the top down.The drain would be just below the screw off lid and would still remain airtight and keep the chips fully submerged.I would have to put a smaller cover inside with some weight to keep the chips from floating around.Any thoughts on this?

posted Hide Post
Yes. Many people pump up from the bottom to top in our Wash towers. It is easier because the air is being purged out, (no air pockets) and easier to control flow. As long as all the resin or wood chips are being used it should work very well for you.

www.turnerbiodiesel.com
www.turnerindustriesinc.com
Metal Fabrication and BioDiesel Products. Dry Wash Towers,Processors,Home Heating,Centrifuges,Steel Drum Cone

Location: Chippewa Falls WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post