BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    washing with enzymes

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

washing with enzymes
 Login/Join

posted
as u seen in my previous post i tried washing with magnesium (bad news) i decided to try enzyme. wow to my amazement it seems to work wonders (fingers crossed) but still need to have the bio tested. this is what i have done.
do 5% pre wash and remove all glycerol. transfer bio to wash tank and add 5% of volume enzyme to unwashed bio. bubble aggressive for an hour...settle and drain till bio looks clear... (DONE A 50/50 WATER TEST AT THIS STAGE AND WATER WAS CLEAR...NO SOAP LAYER AT ALL)
for safety sake i done 1 water wash..
what i need to knw is...
1) do i have to do the water wash as it seems there's no soap at all.
2) could it be that the enzyme neutralized the soaps/methanol etc with the bio ?
3) whats you guys expert opinion on using sulfuric acid before doing water wash

posted Hide Post
DONT use sulphuric acid before you water wash, it will convert the soap to FFA's.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about washing with enzymes to advise you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dgs,

Location: YORK UK | Registered: April 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As dgs said any acid you add will put the ffa back into the biodiesel. Test, take some vinegar or other acid, solder paste for example, and rub it on a bar of soap and see the gooy oily mess you make.
what are you using for enzymes?

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post