BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    New Soap Test Kit & video

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Soap Test Kit & video
 Login/Join

posted
Arbor Biofuels has just come out with a cool, new Soap Testing Kit which is perfect to test for soap levels.

This is perfect to use when you're dry washing Biodiesel to check to make sure you got all the soap out of the Biodiesel.

It's also ideal to check the methanol used to flush out a dry wash resin column when you're cleaning it out to ensure you've flushed all the soaps out.

It's the same kit Greg used in the Column Flushing Video.

Here's what the kit looks like:

It comes with complete instructions for doing a soap test and is based on the AOCS Soap Testing Methodology.

More on the kit here:
http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/soaptestkit.php

The cost of the kit runs $71.95 + $24.00 for shipping.

Also, I created a new YouTube Video just on soap testing. It's the same test that was done in the Column Flushing video, but it only has the section on testing for soap.

You can see the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7ZCyWUTyw&fmt=18

Enjoy!
-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using that method since GCG told me about it this summer, it is really easy and gives a very positive result.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I agree. I love how simple it is.
Makes some of the other methods look like Calculus in comparison Wink

-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first went to the CBT and read that method over about 28 times, man, I just aint that smart. Confused

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post