BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Wood chip change (video)

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood chip change (video)
 Login/Join

posted
Here is some footage of the dry wash system as the chips were changed. The use of a script maybe would have saved me from saying "I" so many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...index=1&feature=plcp

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
That's a great video.

Yes, it's the video below

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice vid FF.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I" did not notice you saying "I" very much... After being at the mill today, I did not notice much dust and dirt either..

-Ian
"Don't complain about farmers with your mouth full."
"Arguing with a government inspector is like wrestling with the pig. You both get dirty but after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Location: Trapped in a world before later on | Registered: November 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great video FF!

posted Hide Post
FuelFarmer, do you have any trouble with bioD leaking past the seals in the lids in your filter drums? I have and tried to replace the seal with a bead of silicone but bioD is not kind to silicone either.

Location: n.w.ohio | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No leaking yet. The drums have a heavy band and a bolt to really draw the lid down tight. I hammer the band with a block of wood while the bolt get tightened. I expect to have seal problems over time, but so far, so good.

I have had some leaking at the threaded fittings on the lids. The last time I pulled the fittings and put a thin coat of silicon on the threads and then wrapped a bunch of blue thread tape on the threads. That was holding the last time I checked.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post