BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Newb Dry Wash question

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newb Dry Wash question
 Login/Join

posted
I've been making Biodiesel for a few years. After taking a little more then a year off (moved to new house, had a kid etc. etc.) I've gotten back into brewing and need to dry wash now.

I've made my first batch and used a 1"clear water pump from harbor freight to mix magnesol in my first 10 gallon batch (had the pump recirculate. Some how, in my research I missed some people saying this was a bad idea. I plan to filter using 10-5-1 micron filters, will this do the trick or have a junked the batch?

Also I have a Eccentric fill rite pump. Would that be better for mixing or is a Diaphragm pump mandatory. Thanks in advance for your help

James

Location: Jello | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
IIRC Magnesol was relegated to the obsolete pile dues to it being so finicky/difficult to filter. Try doing a research on wood chip purification in this forum. The method has been proven true, is inexpensive and renewable.

Some, like myself, have opted to place a wood chip drum in front of lead/lag resin tanks for added filtration.

HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post