BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    soap content

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

soap content
 Login/Join

posted
I finally got the ingredients to do a soap test on the fuel I have been making for nearly 2 years.

I was wondering what some of your results were and what the acceptable limit to soap was. I am not shooting for ASTM spec and I don't know if a home brewer can achieve it. Just wondering what everyone was ending up with in relation to PPM in their finished product.
Regards,
Jeff

posted Hide Post
Mine typically runs <200 ppm after running through wood shavings with KOH processed fuel.

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is typically in the 150PPm range after settling for 3 weeks ala the GL push/pull or WBD method using NAoH.
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After demething and settling mine are under 300ppm. Even lower.

After going thru the purolite soap content is around 30ppm. usually only takes 1 or 2 drops to turn solution from blue to yellow.

posted Hide Post
We demeth our fuel and water wash at least 1-2 mistwashes and 1-2 bubblewashes depending on if the fuel is destined for home heating applications or our vehicles. We get it down around 60ppm for our vehicles, under 200 is fine for home heating.