BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    How Long Does it Take You to Demeth?

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Long Does it Take You to Demeth?
 Login/Join

posted
How long on average does it take to demeth fuel, assuming I heat my fuel to around 190-200*F? Just looking for a roundabout number.

Location: Central IL | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8-10 hours? I let it go while I sleep. I'm sure at some point it stopps putting out methanol, but I'm not going to sit there and watch it. when I go out in the morning there wasn't any more distillate coming out. I do know that 2hrs is not enough. I watched it for that long and decided to let it go overnight.

this comes with the disclaimer that I've got the experience of 3 batches, so I'm not the seasoned pro at all.

-kevin

Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how long is only part of the question. How much air and spray is the other part of the question.
I run my oil around 5 to 6 hrs. I have a 55 gal drum,pump,sprayer system.
My oil will not go over 145 degree range until most of the meth is gone.
It rise quite quickly as the methanol evaporates. I usually run up to 180 degree range
than it is done. I stay the heck out of my barn when all this is going on.

Location: st cloud, MN | Registered: August 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post