BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    What ever happened to------

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What ever happened to------
 Login/Join

posted
I have decided to take my dry washing to the next level and was thinking about resins. Does anybody know what happened to Thermax and Amberlite? Boy, when something disappears it disappears. I was pretty sold on the Thermax idea.

Location: n.w.ohio | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dunno about those but I still have a drum of hard wood chips in front of lead/lag tanks of Purolilte PD206 and finish with a CAT 2 micron fuel can. It ain't been broke so far ...

The guys who fronted Thermax were Arbor Biofuels Company in Ann Arbor Michigan but "the biodiesel purification experts" are kaput, gone, no longer in the gameaccording to their website placer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Legal Eagle,

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Arbor Biofuels Company split up & they closed the company.
However, one of the partners is still in business, however, he doesn't have a website.
The company is called Arbor Fabricating. They still make dry wash towers & sell resin.
He still sells Thermax both in gel form (like Purolite & Amberlite) and in the Macro form.
We sell their towers & still have access to Thermax too if you'd like to get some.
Give us a call or shoot me an email and I can get pricing on it for you.
http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/contactus.php

Amberlite, produced by Rohm & Haus, was bought by 3M.
3M seems intent on killing off Rohm & Haus & using the IP of how Amberlite is made to make & sell their own dry wash resin. Amberlite is also now made in China and I've heard the quality of the product has gone downhill quite a bit.

Based on what Biodiesel plants have been telling me, it's next to impossible to get your hands on any Amberlite these days though.

Purolite is still in business, but the price of it has shot up considerably in the last couple years. We received another notice at the first of the year that they were going to raise the price on it again. But, it's still great stuff.

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.sorry to hear about Arbor. I had the chance to have visited their early shop. They were serious about biodiesel & dry wash and had some neat toys and ideas.

Location: n.w.ohio | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post