BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dry Washing Biodiesel    Filtering with wood chips
Page 1 2 

Moderators: The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filtering with wood chips
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I haven't done any longevity tests. I've been too worried about spontaneous combustion to leave mine in the towers.

-Dave-

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seal the towers when not in use. You have to have air to have spontaneous combustion.

-Jim

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I understand that oxidation will only release what hydrogen is available in the vessel and without the introduction of air, the reaction will halt. My worry is that with the cellulose saturated with water and biodiesel, there may be sufficient hydrogen and oxygen available that under the right(hot and fuel) conditions, the unexpected could happen. Probably unwarranted, but I prefer to expect the unexpected.

-Dave-

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Water????

mathematical elegance -- desired result achieved with minimal complication

Location: Manchester UK | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post