Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YD25DDTi info
 Login/Join

posted
I have been looking for nissan diesel info, and the only forum I found is for mechanical diesels. Does anyone know anything about this engine? It is used in a few mini-vans over here, and I was wondering about problems and parts for it.

Location: Mito, Japan | Registered: November 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See if this site is helpful.

http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org...3f7d4d8f9b2964593fa8

David Norwood

2001 F350 7.3 DI purchased new by me and it is the first DI experimented with and talked about on this forum.

Updated 1/2011 Alternative Fuel User Since 2003-vo is always in my fuel. Only one fuel tank. GPI/CIM-TEK spin on filterhead and 10 micron filter. Superchip. Hutch and Harpoon mods 2010. Diesel inline filter between tank and Airtex E2236 fuel pump (rated to 110 psi).Fuel pressure gauge. HOH for fuel line heat from tank to 12v lift pump. Two 12v 36" heaters, one before add on filter and one before OEM filter.

Cool weather mixes updated 2010. 100% vo to 70°. 66% to 35°. 50% to 10°.

Location: Upstate South Carolina , USA | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the site I was talking about. I asked a out the previous gen td27 and got nothing
. Said they were more for mechanical stuff.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shaman,

Location: Mito, Japan | Registered: November 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is that no major Japanese auto manufacturer has shipped Diesel engines in small "consumer" vehicles to the USA for the last 20 years so you won't find much info about the vehicles in the USA.

Nissan may have small Diesels in Europe and Australia, as well as many of the non-English speaking nations.

Are you planning on running the vehicle in Japan or shipping it elsewhere? or shipping "Front Clips" somewhere?

Parts, of course, would be dependent on whatever parts network exists in the country where you are running the vehicle. I would assume if they are sold in Japan, then parts would be realitively available, although I don't know if Japan's rapid recycling of older vehicles would impact their parts distribution system.

I've got a Non-US model of Fiat. My "US" supply of parts is through one or two US and Canadian suppliers, or importing directly from Europe. I just plan on never having an "emergency" parts need.

I did attempt once to import some Japanese Bridgestone tires to the USA and utterly failed as any Corporate Bridgestone links would always direct me back to the USA, and I never got any response from Japanese tire companies.

I know of a few companies that specialize in importing Japanese engines and Front Clips. I would hope they also bring in standard maintenance parts including injectors, injector cores, gasket kits, IP Rebuild kits, and etc. And verify availability of things like oil filters, fuel filters, air filters & etc, or make sure they are replaced with compatible versions.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be used in Japan. Not worth the hassle of using it in anything in the states. Just trying to find some repair manuals or workshop manuals. Still haven`t decided. Not really a fan of minivans, and that is all the engine came in over here. They were used in Navarras in other countries, so I have joined a navarra site to look around there. I am trying to decide on a car/minivan or an SUV.

posted Hide Post
A quick search on E-Bay and I've located Nissan Patrol (Diesel) manuals up to 2004, as well as a few other manuals.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_n...=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Oh.
I think here is the Nissan pathfinder Service Manual (2005 to present) on CD including the YD25DDTi engine.

http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/a....aspx?itemid=9817180

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nissan use that motor in Navara's Pathfinders and Xtrail 4WD's. I think that engine has been around for a while with the newer ones common rail.

I would search the Australian 4WD boards.

Location: Nimbin Australia | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sinbad, I will be checking them out this weekend, if i have the time.

posted Hide Post
hey shaman
that engine can also be found in the nissan caravan or homy both are commercial vans isuzu also stole a few for their fargo vans which look exactly like the two mentioned above just different badges.

Location: new zealand | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post