Notify
Tools

Best Car
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi Captoe,

quote:
Originally posted by captoe:
Well Ninja12R as it happens I took your advice and we didn't purchase a fiesta after all... Done deal was combed through every night and after a while we decided on a Peugeot 307 , 1.4 diesel.
I am not sure it is a good deal. They use the same 68 hp 1.4 litre diesel engine that Ninja12R says is no longer passing emission tests in the Fiesta.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not think he will have to worry about emission tests if he uses a BD blend

Location: Cork | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was mention on another discussion that BD blends were illegal there. Is that true or was the messenger misinformed?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captoe:
Well Ninja12R as it happens I took your advice and we didn't purchase a fiesta after all. My eldest son had a Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel a couple of years ago and we ran that on B100 for over a year with no issues at all. So with that information we decided to look for a car with a similar engine. Done deal was combed through every night and after a while we decided on a Peugeot 307 , 1.4 diesel. No dpf issues as there isn't one so all is left to do now is teach him how to drive. Thank you for your extended reply and good advice .

Nice to hear you got sorted. Just remember to keep a spare fuel filter in the car for the first month or so and good luck with the driving instruction.

Seán

Eagles may soar but hogs don't get sucked in to jet engines.
BMW 530D B100 VW POLO B100 Ford TW15 B100 Hitachi E60 B100 Ford FM274 B100

Location: Dingle, Co. Kerry | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
There was mention on another discussion that BD blends were illegal there. Is that true or was the messenger misinformed?

What I have been told by Customs at a roadside inspection is that bio is legal provided you can probe the tax has been paid on the fuel. i.e. A receipt from a licensed dealer.

Seán

Eagles may soar but hogs don't get sucked in to jet engines.
BMW 530D B100 VW POLO B100 Ford TW15 B100 Hitachi E60 B100 Ford FM274 B100

Location: Dingle, Co. Kerry | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Sean,

quote:
Originally posted by Ninja12R:
Nice to hear you got sorted. Just remember to keep a spare fuel filter in the car for the first month or so and good luck with the driving instruction.Seán
Is he soarted?

a few posts back you told him that this diesel engine is not passing emission tests.
Now, not only does he have a car with a engine that is known to not pass emission tests, he also has bought a Peugeot with all the problems and headaches that are notorious in Peugeots.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ninja12R:
quote:

What I have been told by Customs at a roadside inspection is that bio is legal provided you can probe the tax has been paid on the fuel. i.e. A receipt from a licensed dealer.

Seán

How does that work for home-brewers?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

quote:
How does that work for home-brewers?
Here are some interesting sites to look at.

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...787064733#8787064733
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin...hread.php?p=70535487