BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Ireland Biodiesel    Biodiesel in Ireland
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 146

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biodiesel in Ireland
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Contact a local welder's supply shop to see where they get acetylene gas. Carbide is used to make welter's acetylene.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not easy, I haven't collected in a few months now but the places I get it allow me to take "some".Ask for a few litres,Half loaf better than no bread!

Location: Meath | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMB, utah bio wont ship soap test kit outside the states due to the chemicals involved.
i dont suppose any of you guys on here would consider making and selling them?

Location: meath/ cavan | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankle put together one of these kits recently, perhaps he could help you?

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a mate who works in a lab, who was able to get me the bromophenol blue, and the .01% Hcl. I can see if he would be able/willing to help out with supplies. I'll report back! Incidentally, does anybody know how to make the .01% Hcl, it might be easier if I'm just asking for the bromophenol blue?

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mistral chemicals sell both bromophenol blue and hydrocloric acid 10%. I have some of their HCl.
The bromophenol blue is in powder form so you would just add a pinch to acetone to make up the indicator. The hydrocloric acid 10% would have to be diluted with distilled water. By my calculations 1ml of HCl 10% added to 1 litre of distilled water should produce 0.1% HCl. Can somebody check this ?

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I could guess how much distilled water to make .01% out of 10%, but I'll put it to herself.....she's a pharmacist!!

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my last post I wrote 0.1% HCl. I meant .01% HCl.

posted Hide Post
thanks guys, i got The bromophenol blue on ebay, 10 ml in a dropper bottle. i need to order methanol next week, charles tenant still hasnt gotten any in, been 2 weeks since i rang them, never got around to trying any one else, actually didnt think of it during the day, thought of it either during lunch or evening time

Location: meath/ cavan | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one of these recently and fitted to my processor
I had always used old central heating pumps
Delivery was a bit slow but the price is very good for this type of pump

http://www.clarkedistributors...._248&product_id=2513

If it’s not broken don’t fix it if you do you’ll break it.

The black dog can be beaten

Location: peoples republic of cork ireland | Registered: November 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you sit it on the floor?

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

posted Hide Post
Hi copper what sort of difference did this pump make to your process?

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The mixing of the methanol and the oil is much more vigorous than before also the ventura work better making it easier the add the methanol this pump is less likely to get blocked the vanes inside the pump are metal rather than plastic

If it’s not broken don’t fix it if you do you’ll break it.

The black dog can be beaten

Location: peoples republic of cork ireland | Registered: November 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frankle:
I could guess how much distilled water to make .01% out of 10%, but I'll put it to herself.....she's a pharmacist!!

The formula for working this out is x= (.365 x 100) / percentage from the bottle.
So if the percentage on the bottle is 10%. 0.365 x 100 / 10 = 3.65. So add 3.65ml of the 10% HCL to 96.35ml distilled water to get 0.01% Norm.

Sean

Eagles may soar but hogs don't get sucked in to jet engines.
BMW 530D B100 VW POLO B100 Ford TW15 B100 Hitachi E60 B100 Ford FM274 B100

Location: Dingle, Co. Kerry | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakebiodiesel:
Mistral chemicals sell both bromophenol blue and hydrocloric acid 10%. I have some of their HCl.
The bromophenol blue is in powder form so you would just add a pinch to acetone to make up the indicator. The hydrocloric acid 10% would have to be diluted with distilled water. By my calculations 1ml of HCl 10% added to 1 litre of distilled water should produce 0.1% HCl. Can somebody check this ?

Hi John, if I get the 5g of Bromophenol blue from mistral and add it to acetone, how much Bromophenol blue solution will it make do you think?

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks Ninja, I thought my calculation might be wrong. The solution is not .01% but .01N which is a different thing altogether.
Gerard B,I cant be sure but I would think 5 gms would be enough to make up about a litre.

posted Hide Post
Thanks John.

posted Hide Post
I made up some .01N hcl today and compared it with the solution I always use. It measures the same but I cant be sure how accurate it is. All of my biodiesel is fully washed so measures less than 20ppm. To test it properly I will have to try the comparison on some unwashed biodiesel. Problem is I dont need to make any more bio for a couple of weeks. If anyone has some unwashed bio and would post me about 20 or 30 ml I would appreciate it.

posted Hide Post
Consider it done John, I'll stick a sample in the post in the morning. It's a sample that's been demethed and dewatered but not drywashed.

posted Hide Post
I've been looking at a few cars of late trying to decide what to buy for to put bio in. Anyone any idea how the Suzuki Grand vitara would run on bio. I've been looking at the model up to 2002 as the budget is tight and anyway they are common rail (I think) after 2002 so I thought an older one is a better option anyway. Any opinions?