BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Ireland Biodiesel    Methanol in Ireland??
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol in Ireland??
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
is there anybody out there with 100L/200L of methanol that they might want to sell as i have scored 800L of veg oil i am in west cork.

Location: west cork | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a guy called Ben from West Cork here on the Biodiesel in Ireland forum. He had a GL processor but gave up when his oil supply dried up. He had his processor and some chemicals for sale a while back but I dont know if he ever sold them. You could look back on the forum to see could you track him down.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Methanol and KOH for sale, based in Mid-Ulster. Bought bulk from England and just want to cover delivery costs etc. I have for sale 2x205 litre Virgin methanol >99.9% (spec sheet provided) and 25kg 90% KOH. I much prefer collection but will consider delivery anywhere in NI.

Prices £(collected/delivered): 1x205litre methanol £135/£150, KOH £45/£60. Will sell the lot (2 x methanol+KOH) for £300/£350. Cash or PayPal.

pm please.

2001 Saab 93 TiD B50
2006 Mercedes C200 CDI (no DPF) B50 (for now)

Location: Stroke County | Registered: July 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Drum, where abouts are you? I am fine for methanol until the summer but am always thinking ahead. This is a real issue now in Northern Ireland as there is no supply and we are all buying from England.

Location: County Down, Northern Ireland | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Norn Iron

I am based in the sticks, about 10 miles from Magherafelt on the shores of Lough Neagh. Perhaps we (in this small neck of the woods) can work more closely together in the future to get our chemicals from England cheaper than they are/were available here. They all come via England to here anyhow so we may just be cutting out an extra middleman. An IBC of virgin methanol is very reasonable but I would want to be decanting it into sealed drums for storage against water absorption. That is why I decided against an IBC this time around but if methanol was purchased in IBC quantities in the future and then split up between a few of us it really does knock the per litre price way down. The same bulk-buying principles apply to KOH purchases as well.

Keep in touch but I hope to off-load the surplus-to-my-requirements chemicals before the summer if at all possible.

2001 Saab 93 TiD B50

Location: Stroke County | Registered: July 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anybody out there got some methanol they wish to part with? please pm me

Location: west cork | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have. I am selling up. I have an unopened 200 litre drum of virgin grade methanol plus 26kg KOH plus approx 1500 litres of good oil and 180 litres lard and a fully funtioning processor. Anyone interested give me a shout

2001 Saab 93 TiD B50