BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Ireland Biodiesel    Using Straight Vegtable Oil

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using Straight Vegtable Oil
 Login/Join

posted
I am aware that this a biodiesel forum but the people that can best answer my questions visit here.

I have been wanting to use a cheaper full for my 1989 Landrover Defender for some time now and can't decide to go down the biodiesel or straight vegetable oil route and the main reason for my indecision is the legality of using svo.
I am aware that making and using biodiesel can be done legally but can someone clarify if I can legally use straight vegetable oil in my vehicle with a twin tank system? Is it the same process as biodiesel ie filling out the form for a tax warehouse and then paying the tax for what I consume??

I am leaning towards using the svo because the engine in my defender can easily handle svo even if unmodified and also any wvo that I collect would have to be filtered anyway so i could avoid having to actually make biodiesel and pour the filtered oil in.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

posted Hide Post
The legality depends entirely on the policies of the authorities having jurisdiction where you operate.
In my case they only tax what's sold at the pumps or in bulk from a distributor. We can put whatever else we want in our fuel tanks, they don't care.
Policies are often whimsical and will vary widely.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post