Find
Notify
Tools

Equipment
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakebiodiesel:
Womble |Ive been using the black flexible polypropylene conduit for laying 1/2"Qualpex underground. Most hardware stores builders supplies stock it. Heat it up a little and it can be forced onto 3/4" qualpex pipe. Wrap the joint with silicone repair tape and fit a jubilee clip over the joint.
Done that way Ive never had a leak . I have been using it for two years and it has not become brittle.

Sounds similar to what I had already. could you post a close up pic give me a better idea of it pleas. Also sounds cheap and cheerful just the way I like it. Thanks for the links guys but all in the states cost silly money to post and pay duty on.

posted Hide Post
Ill be passing your way later this week and will bring you a piece of it. It is sold in rolls with the 1/2" qualpex pipe already in it. My local builders supplies take the pipe out of it and sell it to me. I cant remember exactly how much it cost but certainly less than €1 per metre.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been happy with my dry wash cartridge contents. The nearest supplier of hardwood shavings comes from a power planer, and the shavings are small, and have lots of dust in, I gather it gets clogged in no time. What sort of places do you guys source the right kind of shavings, i.e. light hardwood,i.e. oak or ash, no dust? I'm stuck!

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the finer/dustier stuff works the best as you get more surface area, if you use an upflow setup with slow feed through you will get virtually zero particulate coming out once the chips have been saturated.
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use hardwood shavings from a lathe usually ash. Happy to give you a bag, I'll be back down clare direction in mid January if that suit? Pm me your number I'll give you a call see if we can arrange a meet.

posted Hide Post
Hi Frankle, I get really nice hardwood shavings from Burrowman, he's in the woodwork business. He is in Wexford but Im sure could send you some if you cant locate a local supply.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks lads, much appreciated.

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, anyone got an old central heating oil boiler lying about that they are not using. I'm thinking of doing similar to what's in the youtube vid below. I wouldn't need a burner, just the boiler and it could be an old one, it just needs to be servicable, ie not leaking. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvparmYPbjA

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Morning all, I haven't been on here in a while, due to work commitments and personal issues, I haven't made any bio in about 2 years so finally decided to decommission my plant and put it up for sale (trying to raise a few bob for my upcoming wedding

Location: meath/ cavan | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Methinks you're going to need more than a 'few bob' for your wedding. Smile

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for shring this amazing topic Smile