Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Equipment
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks, sign up for a free account on Photobucket. Follow the instructions to upload your picture to Your Bucket. resize the picture to 800 x 500 and then copy the link from your Bucket and paste it into your reply. It sounds complicated but its easy once youve done it a couple of times

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakebiodiesel:
While building my latest processor I made a small modification that works very well.

Another brilliantly simple innovation by imakebiodiesel!

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A vortex breaker can be a good idea.

quote:
Originally posted by imakebiodiesel:
While building my latest processor I made a small modification that works very well. When drawing off glycerol there is a tendency for the biodiesel to funnel down through the glycerol near the end. this plate placed over the outlet prevents that and improves the separation.
It sits on the 4 short (1") bolts so does not restrict the circulation. The long bolt goes down the outlet to prevent the plate sliding off the outlet.
[url=http://s871.photobucket.com/user/imakebiodiesel/media/longstrong007_zps2b095c3a.jpg.html]
Here are some other designs for vortex breakers

Location: Louisiana | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Golly gosh!

quote:
Originally posted by Jethro Bodine:...
Let me put my cards on the table here...

Let me tell you that was a black day for my family...
I just want to reach for my crossbow and larn them a lesson they wont fergit.
yours
Jethro Bodine.

Location: Louisiana | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A customer of mine is emigrating and wants to sell his processor.

He has made 10, 150 litre batches so far and the processor is in very good condition and fully up to date. The package includes...

IMB 150 processor complete with turbo dryer, drywash cartridge, titration kit etc. €695
An almost full 200 litre drum of methanol and 1½ bags of KOH €200
1000 litre IBC of high quality WVO titrating at 2ml KOH. €350
A glycerol settlement tank and a carbide manometer thrown in for free.
Total price 1245.

I will provide the new owner with a new manual, 5 free tests for conversion, water and soap, and a training day. This is a good deal for anyone starting out in biodiesel. It is only for sale as a complete package, the oil is not for sale without the other items.

If you are interested call Derek on 087 8219552

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an assortment of 20lt and 30lt plastic buckets free to take away. They served me well for a few years but I don't need them anymore.

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in some bartering? I've got some items I'd be willing to trade for good liquid oil. I've got a couple of pumps, 2 steel cones to fit the bottom of a 205lt drum, a litre of coldflow 402 winterizer, a 205lt stainless steel drum(ideal for an AE processor), 98% pure sulphuric acid, lots of 60lt heavy duty plastic drums for oil storage. Pm me if interested.

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to replace my temperature measuring thing. I've been using a multimeter with a K2 type probe, and it seems to jump around randomly. The other day, I had just changed the pump, and I reached 65deg, so I switched off the element, and the temperature kept rising! I panicked, and switched pumps again, as I could only think that the pump was somehow heating the fuel, and it was very hot. I wasn't checking the gauge in the meantime, when I was ready to run with the new pump, the gauge read 80deg!I turned the gauge off and on again, and it was back to 64deg!
So, can anybody recommend a good gauge/multimeter? I spent over €40 on a multimeter to find it was the least accurate of a few methods I was testing against a glass thermometer, so expensive is not always best.
With links to purchase, if that's not being cheeky, thanks very much!

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
K2 type probe

I would say you are just in need of a new probe. Its a bimetalic, thermocouple probe; any corrosion or loss of conductivity on the tip will throw its readings way off. I have one at work that only works correctly in air; get it wet at all and it will tell you your boiling water is a few degrees above freezing. Smile

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to get my phone to let me copy the address but if you type this into eBay you will find one that works well. You can upgrade the probe too if you wish.

PTM-902C K Type Digital Thermometer + Thermocouple Probe

If you can't find it I'll share a link when I get near a computer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Womble:
I can't seem to get my phone to let me copy the address but if you type this into eBay you will find one that works well. You can upgrade the probe too if you wish.

PTM-902C K Type Digital Thermometer + Thermocouple Probe.

Yes this is also the thermometer that I use, very reliable,accurate.
has lasted me 5 years and still going strong
thermometer eBay link

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 2 other thermometers that I've bought recently for conversion testing etc are
thermometer 1 probe
and
thermometer 2 infrared
Both are quite cheap and accurate.

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trigger:
quote:

PTM-902C K Type Digital Thermometer + Thermocouple Probe.

Yes this is also the thermometer that I use, very reliable,accurate.
has lasted me 5 years and still going strong
thermometer eBay link

Your link seems to be blank Trigger so here is another one ...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Portabl...&hash=item2c867b0846

posted Hide Post
Hi Frankle, I also use these very cheap thermometers and probes . I check each one I use against a calibrated mercury thermometer and they are always within 2°C. They are quite reliable but generally electronic equipment does not fare well in damp conditions so at that price.I would buy 2 and keep one indoors as a spare.

posted Hide Post
Thanks folks, I had a multimeter that I knew the temperature was not accurate on, but at least it gave me the same (inaccurate) reading every time, so I figured my probe was OK. I've ordered one of those (should have got two, IMB).
In fact, I see they sell for buttons from China, if you're prepared to wait. I ordered mine from the UK for about 10 times the price (still only €10). There's a business there!
Incidentally, anybody in Ireland who doesn't know about Parcel Motel, check it out, brilliant for availing of free (or reasonably priced) shipping within the UK when you live in southern Ireland. (Costs €3.50, but well worth it) (Sorry, slightly off topic)

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do buy them from China, 10 at a time ,as you say for buttons. However I get a few faulty ones from time to time and I just bin them. With the uk supplier you can get faulty ones replaced.

posted Hide Post
I'm looking for some new flexible hose mainly for dispensing of bio. Something that doesn't go hard and/or brittle after a while. I got sick of the standard braided hose and got a spiral bound black one used for underground electrical cables, it was cheap and worked fine for static lines but on my dispensing hose it splits when it gets stiff after about 8 or 9 months. Any suggestions?

posted Hide Post
Hi Womble.
I googled dispensing hose for biodiesel and goodyear hoses keeps coming up.

That is where I would start.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm looking for some new flexible hose mainly for dispensing of bio. Something that doesn't go hard and/or brittle after a while. I got sick of the standard braided hose and got a spiral bound black one used for underground electrical cables, it was cheap and worked fine for static lines but on my dispensing hose it splits when it gets stiff after about 8 or 9 months. Any suggestions?

Here's a new offering from Utah Biodiesel Supply. Reasonably priced too: http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/biodieselhose.php

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Womble |Ive been using the black flexible polypropylene conduit for laying 1/2"Qualpex underground. Most hardware stores builders supplies stock it. Heat it up a little and it can be forced onto 3/4" qualpex pipe. Wrap the joint with silicone repair tape and fit a jubilee clip over the joint.
Done that way Ive never had a leak . I have been using it for two years and it has not become brittle.