Notify
Tools

Equipment
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know a source of cheap IBC's? I need 2, can collect

Location: Cork | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a guy on Little Island who sells them for 50 euro, very clean. Give me a call on 0863169230 for directions.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check done deal you will find plenty for around the €50 mark. I got the plastic part from a few off a guy who sold logs and used the cages for storing them to dry before sale, dont know if this is a common but ive seen the cages used for different things keep an eye out saved me a few quid.

posted Hide Post
Don't go on facebook or twitter or this foram while draining glycerol.
Bad things happen. There is nothing more awakening that the sound of running liquid. Mess.

07 fiat scudo 120 multijet b50; 03 1.4 hdi on b100.

Location: Co Wexford,Ireland | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All
im Afraid that my time has come to An End Producing biodiesel as i am finding it to Hard to Collect oil, SOB SOB,
So if anybody is interested i am selling my Processor And Approx 140 Litres of Methanol For €800 I Paid £1450 on Ebay, The Processor is in Great Condition and was Well looked After it is the Green genie Model with Jet Water Wash And Also has a Dry wash Cartridge system Pm me For Any questions i hate to See it just sitting in the Garage,

VW Touareg B100

Location: Meath | Registered: March 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2010 there was a short discussion on the willis heater assembly, a domestic water heater popular in N.I.
Does anybody have any experience of using one of these for bio. Production. Have been told that 22mm fittings are/were available to special order... any help would be appreciated.

Location: West Dublin | Registered: September 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The willis heater is an inline immersion heater for hot water systems which can supply hot water almost on demand. I have one friend who used one on veg oil/ biodiesel for a while but he burned out several elements. When the oil is cold and thick it passes through the willis heater too slowly. Changing 22mm to ¾" Irish is easy, the fitting is the same but the nut and olive are different.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that.. was the heater used with larger ports/fittings? Is it the basic design of the willis heater that causes the burn out? I know that some uk brewers use a home built arrangement.. tried to buld one myself... leaked a lot and cost almost as much as a willis in the end.

Location: West Dublin | Registered: September 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the best place to get a new circulation pump for a mk2 IMB processor?

Location: Cork | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any standard circulation pump with a wattage of 90w or higher will do but these can be hard to find these days.The importer of the pump I use is a plumbing supplier in Donegal, I cant remember the name but I can find it for you. Im low on stock at the moment but will have new ones coming in the next few weeks if you can wait.

posted Hide Post
I got 2 second hand ones a while back on Adverts.ie €15 for the pair. Haven't checked in a while but there are usually some on there.

posted Hide Post
On average, how long do these pumps last? And how do they fail? Do they leak or become noisy or just stop pumping? I'm wondering should I get one to have on standby in case of pump failure.

Location: Ireland | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There's a rubber o ring in them that seems to fail.
I've tried to get a replacement before but they dont sell them because normally the pump packs up long before the seal.

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the last 4 years I have replaced 4 faulty pumps and 2 of them were damaged by running dry. Out of more than a hundred processors that not bad reliability. Its a good idea to pick up a second hand pump as a spare in case your pump packs up mid batch. They can be swopped in about 5 minutes without having to empty the processor. They are always available on donedeal.ie or adverts.ie. Dont buy the new low energy ones, they are useless for pumping oil. Get an older model with at least 90watts on the top speed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakebiodiesel,

posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the replacement pump for my processor.
http://www.donedeal.ie/heating...lating-pumps/6265638

posted Hide Post
A customer of mine has got a job abroad and wants to sell his processor. here are the details.

He has made 10, 150 litre batches so far and the processor is in very good condition and fully up to date. The package includes...

IMB 150 processor complete with turbo dryer, drywash cartridge, titration kit etc. €695
An almost full 200 litre drum of methanol and 1½ bags of KOH €200
1000 litre IBC of high quality WVO titrating at 2ml KOH. €350
A glycerol settlement tank and a carbide manometer thrown in for free.
Total price 1245.

I will provide the new owner with a new manual, 5 free tests for conversion, water and soap, and a training day. This is a good deal for anyone starting out in biodiesel. It is only for sale as a complete package, the oil is not for sale without the other items.
This is the processor shown above, I have pictures of the other items.
If you are interested call Derek on 087 8219552

posted Hide Post
I finally got around to doing a little mod to my IMB design processor, to make the sight tube a bit safer. I sliced some 1" copper in half, and fitted it behind the tube, under the jubilee clips, and cable tied them together in the middle, so the tube can't belly out and come asunder when it's hot,when the pump is pushing against an almost closed valve on top.

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

ImageIMG_2816.jpeg (24 Kb, 17 downloads) Sight tube mod

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Salmson Nyl33-25ph electric water pumps perfect almost new little used, come with pump valves and leads and plugs, 25 euro each.

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
While building my latest processor I made a small modification that works very well. When drawing off glycerol there is a tendency for the biodiesel to funnel down through the glycerol near the end. this plate placed over the outlet prevents that and improves the separation.
It sits on the 4 short (1") bolts so does not restrict the circulation. The long bolt goes down the outlet to prevent the plate sliding off the outlet.

posted Hide Post
I like that, IMB. Btw, how did you get your photo to show in the entry? (I know it's off-topic)

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post