New
Find
Notify
Tools

Equipment
 Login/Join

posted
I have wanted to start this for a while and hope it works,

People mention in posts good sources of tools and equipment. However whenever I need to buy something I always end up going through the old posts, sometimes finding the posts sometimes not!

So if you find something, need something or have something to sell/give away maybe it could be posted here.

An example to kick off I need new syringe's which are bio compatible. Imake gave me a couple but I broke them!

Another I have needed for a while is a Bio compatible none return valve, 3/8 - 1/2 if possible.

Location: Cork | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
medical syringes on ebay. When you order titration kits they come with medical syringes.

non-return valve? meaning check valve? What do you need that for?
Having a persistent ebay search will yield you some results. Or you can check McMaster-carr or type in "brass check valve" into google shopping will yield you some results. May have to do a little sifting, but you will surely find what you need.

Location: Columbus, GA, USA | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

The non return valve is for my car, once in a while the fuel will run back out the pump overnight. This is not BD related as it has done it since I first owned the car. The type we can buy in auto factors in Ireland are not BD compatible.

posted Hide Post
syringes i get from local chemist. he dosent charge me, i'm wondering if hes running a neddle exchange programme and thinks i'm a junkie Eek
im looking to buy a soap titration kit if anybody is making them up. i dont have sentive enough equipment to make one. in ireland, they wont post one from US

Location: meath/ cavan | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy syringes that have no rubber seal so they last for months. You need to sellotape over the numbers to stop then rubbing off. They are very cheap and come in boxes of 100 for about 10 euro. When I get home at the weekend Ill check the webstore that supplies them and the exact price.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a centrifuge that I would sell if anyone is interested. It is from a Scania 6 cyl truck engine. It is supplied with a peugeot gear pump and a 1/2 hp electric motor. I made it up to clean veg oil but found that I did not need it.
I would want 250 euro for it.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by imakebiodiesel:
I buy syringes that have no rubber seal so they last for months.

Sounds great, IMB, I'd love to know where to get those.

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you ever have any children that unfortunatley fall ill & need an antibiotic, they come with a syringe made completley of hard plastics as the kids dont take to swallowing pills and this is the reason syringes are provided.

If you know any chemist or doctor they may be able to give you one of these.

Or any family or friends that their kids need to pay a trip to the docs for infections needing antibiotics, you can keep the syringe after its finished.

I would imagine most vetrinary practices would also stock such items for administering doses to cattle, sheep, hens etc.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will become a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Location: Ireland | Registered: May 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem with ordinary syringes is that they have a rubber plunger seal which swells up in contact with veg oil or biodiesel. They only last a couple of tests. Veg oil also dissolves the printed markings on syringes but you can avoid that by sellotaping over the markings before you use the syringe.
2 piece rubberless syringes can be bought from Medguard.ie online for only 10.06 euro for 100. If 100 is too many for you Im sure others here would buy some from you. below is a link to their site.

http://www.medguard.ie/2-part-...-sterile-5ml-qty-100

posted Hide Post
I've never had my plungers swell and I'm still using the same 5 syringes I started with in 2006. But they have little to no markings left any more.

I definitely like the idea of clear-taping over the marks when they are new.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect link IMB,

Do you or anyone else have a link to a supplier of plastic visual flow meters like you supply with your processors. I stood on mine and broke it when moving the plant, bit awkward without it. I tried one computer cooling parts company but they did not reply. I only need 1.

posted Hide Post
if you score the markings on your syringes with a razor blade when the ink gets dissolved all you have to to do is run over it with a marker and the wipe off the excess and they become visible again.

posted Hide Post
Recently I have been buying my flow indicators from Aquatuning in Germany. They have a minimum charge for shipping which makes it very expensive to buy one, I buy 10 at a time. Im a bit low on stock at the moment but if you want me to get one for you in my next order let me know.

http://www.aquatuning.de/produ...cator-black-PMP.html

www.imakebiodiesel.webs.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakebiodiesel,

posted Hide Post
I could always do with a spare, if you have any extra.

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will buy two off you if that is O.K, let me know when you have them and I'll call over.

posted Hide Post
SIMPLE SIPHON
Came across a guy demonstrating these at a National trust event today and thought it might be handy for syphoning biodiesel and stop me getting a mouth full every now and agian Roll Eyes

I'd been looking at them on Ebay etc (sometimes called jigger syphon)and this guy was selling them for about the same money £10(12.50 Euro)so I bought one since he was local.

Got it home and it worked really well,I Jiggled the metal end into the cubie about 4 times and away it went.
I emptied the cubbie *about 20 litres*of water into a bucket in just under 2 minutes (The cubbie was a meter higher than the bucket.)
They're non static and do almost anything oil, diesel, solvents and chemicals,The metal end has a GLASS ball inside that looks like a marble which creates the suction.
The guy said he buys the ends from America, Beware of some china made copies that have plastic balls which tend to break.
I just have to see how the plastic hose holds up to the bio.

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried out your siphon and it is very effective, a good find.
I have a cast iron oilstove that some friends gave me. It is an Esse and it is set up to run on kerosene. They bought it for their new house but only used it for six months because it was so expensive to run. A member of this forum called Raften converted one of these to run on biodiesel and was very pleased with it. He posted on Biodiesel for Heating. I have no use for it and it is taking up room in my shed so it is free to a good home.

posted Hide Post
I am looking to upgrade my processor to have a built in thermostat/time clock.

Does anyone know where I can purchase one and how to set up.

posted Hide Post
This is what you need for the thermostat/temp controller.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PID-...&hash=item3cc6941731
There are lots of programmable digital time switches available for boilers etc.

posted Hide Post
Thanks John,

I've been meaning to do this for a year at least, should take the worry of not overheating the oil at different stages.