BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Illinois    Methanol Recovery ?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol Recovery ?????
 Login/Join

posted
Well over the past year I have found out that methanol is the biggest cost of making fuel..

So I'm looking for idea's on what and how to build a Methanol Recovery system.

one to lower the cost of production

and two to use the glycerin to make some soap or make it easier to dispose of..

so Please throw out some idea's...

btw with my plant I'm getting about 20 gallons of glycerin every time I make a batch..

110 gallon processor

1986 Ford F250 6.9L
1996 Gmc Suburban 6.5L
Home Brewed B100
Diesel Mechanic

Location: Chicago,Ill | Registered: March 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
if you haven't come across anything yet, check out legal eagles condenser:
http://www.b100wh.com/newrecovery.html#condenser

Location: Michigan | Registered: January 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still working on getting my setup, so I'm not very knowledgeable really...
I've made a M-distiller per graham laming . He's in the UK so their metric sizes can be converted. Such as, using 1/2" and 3/4". Depending on ambient conditions, I think this might need a PVC sleeve, to be ice-filled. Or filled with very-slow-flowing cold water ( which can be recycled for washing, etc...) In any case, he seems to be a serious expert in this area, among others. Check it. I'm in Aurora. Meet up sometime ?