BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Illinois    Chicago Newbie Needs Learning Partner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Newbie Needs Learning Partner
 Login/Join

posted
I have finally comitted to the biodiesel concept. I am late because of ignorance among other reasons but in any event glad to be here nontheless. You have a great site here and I look forward to learning alot from the seasoned vets as well as the new comers such as myself. My background is mechanical in nature. I have owned and operated a HVAC-R company in Chicago for over 20 years. I am versed in mechanical applications and designs for control work, structural design concepts and ingenuity concepts applied to thermal and mechanical loads. I have transitoned from the service end of HVAC-R and primarily selling HVAC parts in Chicago. Our parts counter is on the southside of Chicago. I'm 43 years old. I am looking for someone who I can consult with in developing a small scale biodiesel processing plant that can provide aprox. 100 gallons of fuel per month. I need someone interested in working with me on this project that can show me the in and outs of setup,processing, WVO procurement, chemical procurement and overall plans and goals. I plan to process onsite at the southside of Chicago shop and would like someone to bounce ideas off of and "spell check" my concepts and designs for the operation described. It's tuff breaking into a new area but with the help of someone seasoned I can get it done much quicker. I would love to work with a pro but would be delighted to work with a green horn such as myself to solidify concepts and ideas. I enjoy working with teams on projects. Seems to be more prodcutive for me. Thanks for all teh great info here and again thanks for having me. I look forward to learning some great stuff here. Mitch
My email is cwsupply@hotmail.com

Location: Chicago | Registered: April 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mitch, welcome to the wonderful, greasy world of BioDiesel!
You certainly have come to the right place. Just about any question you have can be answered by someone on this forum. The best on the web IMHO. I know it's not as good as having someone there with you, but it helps a lot. If you find someone local to work with you, even better! Good luck! Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey CW...I don't know if you're still looking for someone, but if you are maybe we can figure out a schedule and help each other out or something. It sounds like you and I have the same philosophy. I also am 43 and am new at this biodiesel thing. I wish I had someone local in my area to work with. I live in northwestern Illinois, about 30 minutes east of Moline (2.5 hours from Chicago). i know it's a drive, but I would be willing to drive out and meet with you once or twice a month if it would help us both out. Let me know what you think...Thanks!
Lance

Location: Northwest Illinois | Registered: December 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delayed response, but if there is an interest in producing BD in the Chicagoland area, I work out of a space that has the necessary permits. Let me know and we'll set something up.