BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Ford    Who's running B100 in a 2011+ ford

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's running B100 in a 2011+ ford
 Login/Join

posted
I want to trade my 06 PSD 6.0 which loved BD for a 2011 6.7. I run b100 in the 06 with no trouble at all and blend in the colder months as I am in Eastern Canada. I want to run more than B20 in the new truck but want to see more evidence that people are running it problem free with the DPF delete, tuner......etc. Any testimonials would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I have the 2008 Ford 6.4 that I run B50 to B100.
I am up to B80 now. This is my second year. I am in MN so I have to switch to
regular winter blends at he pump when it is cold. I use injector cleaner and stabilizer in my
totes of bio-diesel. I make high quality stuff so it run good. At first my truck would smoke a lot
when the re-generation would kick in. It always kicked in when I was in town 12 miles away.
It looked like my truck was on fire. smoke pouring out for about 4 minutes. very embarrassing.
I took care of the problem and this does not happen any more. I am guessing if you buy anything newer than a 2007 diesel that you should use injector cleaner and take care of the smoking re-generation problem.

Location: st cloud, MN | Registered: August 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to upgrade to a 6.7L at some point too. But give it 2-3 more years. We need more guinea pigs with 6.7's to try B100. On some powerstroke forums I read a guy had to replace the fuel pressure regulators a few times but he also had a hot chip tune. I think if you leave the injection pressures alone (ie stock tune), but tune out the dpf, regen, replace dpf with straight pipe it might work. Lot of guys still say the B100 does weird things at 30,000psi in the fuel rails.

We need more data.

Over 15000L of B100 produced. Burns in 01' F250 7.3L, 06' Jetta TDI, 02' Jetta TDI. Biopro190 owner since Oct2014.

Location: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering if anyone would like to share their experience (good and bad) with using B100 in a 6.7 liter. I have heard that they do great on biodiesel, but I heard that information 3rd hand and would like more info before I buy one.

Location: NY | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lot of guys still say the B100 does weird things at 30,000psi in the fuel rails.
No trouble with my Duramax LBZ, over 100,000km on B100 and blending in the winter. The Fuel rail pressure is in excess of 30K psi.
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post