BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Ford    1994 7.3l or 2005/2007 6.0l

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1994 7.3l or 2005/2007 6.0l
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys! I'm new to this grease car stuff but long story short I plan on getting a short bus converting it to veggie oil and bringing a bunch of guys off the streets in Canada across Canada a give them an opportunity they have never had before.

So the question is, I'm looking at 3 different vehicles a beautiful 2007 ford 6.0l e450 with 115,000miles for 8grand on it that was used by the city or a 2005 6.0l same thing needs a little tlc 3 grand cheaper or even a
7.3l 1994 ford e350 for 4grand more milage around 160,000m.

I would just like some advice are the 6.0l any good to convert especially with all that technology behind it? Are the 7.3l a better motor?

Any help would be awesome!!

I would like to run straight svo

Thanks in advance!!
Jon

God Bless

thewanderingcanadian

posted Hide Post
quote:
are the 6.0l any good to convert especially with all that technology behind it?

No

quote:
Are the 7.3l a better motor?

For a UVO conversion, yes.

You will find much better UVO conversion info at: http://www.burnveg.com/

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any good resources on the what are the problems with the 6 litre lemon?

Location: Vancouver Island, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 7.3 L DI Power Stroke engine is commonly referred to as one of the best engines that International produced.[3]

Many of the 6.0 L PowerStroke engines experienced problems,[4] and it is speculated to have cost Ford millions of dollars in warranty repairs and buy backs. They led to many recalls and the repurchase of at least 500 trucks, particularly in the first year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik..._Power_Stroke_engine

Location: Vancouver Island, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post