BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Ford    6.9/7.3 IDI Locations

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.9/7.3 IDI Locations
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All - First post here, but I have visited the forums often in the last 6 months prepping for my conversion. I have a few questions though that I was hoping someone with experience on a two tank WVO/SVO system could help me with.

1) Where is the best location to T into the coolant system to run heat to my HIH (looks like the passenger side there is a hose coming from the engine to the firewall?)
2) I will be running a controlled loop - diesel back to the tank, veg looped back to the fuel intake line, but where (before/after electric pump, before/after veg fuel filter?) would be best to loop it into?

That's all for now, many thanks for any input! I love the IDIs!!!

posted Hide Post
Hi, first time poster here also. Hi everybody!
I have a 7.3 with about 7000 miles on 2 two tank wvo system that I build, and then worked the bugs out of.

1.) I tied into the coolant line coming from the head on the passenger side. The coolant goes out of the motor, thru my FPHE, to my heated filter, and finally the tank, the coolant then goes back to the heater core. There is still lots of heat for the heater in the cab.

2.) I looped my IP line so that there is no return to the tank, unless I open a two way valve. Long loops loos a lot of heat. I have the shortest loop possible on mine to keep fuel temperature up, and use the least amount of valves. If you want to filter it, or run it thru a filter and a heater that sounds good, but over kill if you ask me. Keep in mind you may sometimes run your veg oil pump and solenoid valve, but use the return to tank for the diesel to purge air from your veg oil system. I get air in mine if I run the tank dry, or change a fuel filter.

Best of luck!

2 tank WVO 88 F-250 7.3L IDI

Location: Central OR, Southeast AK | Registered: June 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post