Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

99 7.3 powerstroke
 Login/Join

posted
Just started making biodiesel, passes all the quality tests. I am running it in my 2000 beetle tdi and my RV a 7.3 powerstroke. So far all seems fine but want to get feedback before taking it on a long trip, only has 52K , just changed the fuel filter, anyone with a similar RV using bio with feedback would be great

Location: ma | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an 03 7.3 that I bought with 52K on it, right now it has 176+K on it all on bio, no problems so far.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been running mostly B100 in my 2001 PSD for over 6 years now. No fuel related issues. Currently at 151k miles. Recently got back from a trip to Yellowstone with the family carrying over 3000# of camper in the bed. Performed flawlessly. (Except for losing my alternator on the way back, just outside of Butte). I only wish there was a feasible way to carry more of my fuel with me.

I changed out some o-rings in the fuel bowl before the trip. On the drain valve, there are a couple non compatible o-rings that I switched out with Viton. I just didn't want that to be a potential leak on the trip, and besides, I had planned on doing it anyway. As far as I know, those are the only non compatible seals. Everything else is good to go.

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We burn B100 in our 2001 Ford 7.3 that we bought new & it now has 197,000 B100 miles. Great biodiesel engine.

Shaun

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals
Forum members get a 10% discount

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post