Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VW MPG (Caddies & etc)
 Login/Join

posted
I've talked to a few different people with different results in their VW's, and especially the VW Caddies, but feel free to add actual observed mileage for

With an empty, or lightly loaded vehicle, I get about 45 MPG with my Caddy based on filling tank, and odometer readings, and I've heard of others that got about the same. Of course the mileage plummets when running a 100% heavy load.

However, I talked to one person in Seattle who claimed to get only 35 MPG, and the same with an acquaintance in KS City with a 1.6L Turbo engine.

Could you answer the following questions:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MPG, Year, Model, Engine, Turbo/No, Transmission, Driving Conditions, fuel, MAX
  • CK: 45 US MPG, 81 VW Caddy, 1.6L non-turbo, 5 spd, city, country, hwy, low rolling hills, B100 or mix, max 49 US MPG HWY.
  • JO: 40-45 mpg, 1987 Jetta, 1.6 turbo, 5-speed manual, highway/freeway driving (60-70 mph) with one big hill in the middle. 100 miles to school, 32 miles to work. B100 start/stop, SVO on the road after full warmup.

I'll try to keep the list up to date.

For Europeans, please provide L/100KM if possible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: keelec,

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
MPG, Year, Model, Engine, Turbo/No, Transmission, Driving Conditions, fuel, MAX[list]

40-45 mpg, 1987 Jetta, 1.6 turbo, 5-speed manual, highway/freeway driving (60-70 mph) with one big hill in the middle. 100 miles to school, 32 miles to work. B100 start/stop, SVO on the road after full warmup. SVO mileage is an estimate, confirmed on long trips by running the tank dry.
Summer A/C use drops the mileage to 40mpg.
25 gallon svo tank in trunk adds nearly 200# to the normal vehicle weight.

Cheers,
JohnO

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post