Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
Vegetable Oil Based Heating System

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/469605551/m/6621074482

January 04, 2009, 05:36 PM
Homestead Inc.
Vegetable Oil Based Heating System
You can now purchase a nearly new furnace system that operates on unheated, unfiltered waste vegetable oil. The complete system is available from the manufacturer of the burner, called Yellow Heat. It is a product of Homestead Inc. and Tom Leue.

The complete heating system comes with a one-year warranty. Installation is available in Massachusetts.

Please see our website at
Yellow Heat . com http://www.YellowHeat.com

At that site you can download the complete Operation Manual. This is a 24 page detailed manual about why you would want to run your shop or business on Recycled Vegetable Oil. This is probably one of the greenest alternatives you can find. Vegetable oil based heating systems do not contribute to Global Warming. Besides, you can get your heat for very little money or free.

Tom Leue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Homestead Inc.,
January 04, 2009, 08:40 PM
bmor
May I ask what the cost is? Can it co-exist beside a NG furnace?

1983 Mercedes Benz 300SD
290,000 miles. 50K on alt fuels.
January 04, 2009, 09:18 PM
Homestead Inc.
The Yellow Heat burner is available for $2000, which includes the oil handling, storage and dispensing system. This compare well with all other brands of waste oil burners that cost at least 50% more (up to 3 times more) for the same system that cannot practically handle vegetable oil. The Omni brand furnace is $2000 additional, which is a 30% reduction off of discount list price.

You should also note that the Yellow Heat system uses about 1/5 the amount of electricity that a conventional waste oil furnace uses. The Yellow Heat furnace uses under 150 watts for the entire burner, including the compressor, the pump, the ignition and the controls. It can be operated off of 2 standard solar panels.

Yellow Heat Furnace is the low cost leader in waste oil burners in North America. With the low cost of vegetable oil for heating, many users will see a simple payback of one year or so for their investment.
January 04, 2009, 10:38 PM
bmor
I am interested. I'd like to investigate having it installed beside my NG furnace, tapped into existing duct work, for home resale purposes.

1983 Mercedes Benz 300SD
290,000 miles. 50K on alt fuels.
November 08, 2009, 12:45 PM
Biotom
you may be interested in this burner, a do it yourself model!

burning waste motor oil

burning byproduct from biodiesel production

No smoke

-the byproduct burn is a little smokey, but I was just playing around to see if it would burn. The smell was bad! I plan to mount a second nozzle that will be on a time delay so the byproduct will be sprayed into the wmo flame.

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.
November 08, 2009, 03:40 PM
pizzaman
Biotom,
I am interested in the plans for your heater. Please let me know if and how I can get ahold of them.
Thank you

86 F250 veggie since May 2005 25,000 miles and counting

78 Benz 300D converted Feb 2006 2,500 miles and no longer counting

92 F250 converted on May 2,2005 14
000 miles and counting

81 rabbitt
84 benz 300d
November 08, 2009, 05:35 PM
Biotom
pizzaman
check your PMs Wink Tom. if you need more info than that let me know Tom

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.
July 19, 2011, 12:21 PM
RickDaTech
You can use vegetable oil as is in diesel engines. There are some problems.
1) It is too thick and needs to be thinned either by heating or by blending
2) It is difficult to start an engine on pure vegetable oil.
3) If you turn off your engine while it is running on 100% vegetable oil, it is difficult to restart after once the engine cools.

There are large sections of this forum discussing how to use vegetable oil without converting it to biodiesel.

www.Make-Biodiesel.org

February 16, 2015, 06:32 AM
taizkaron14
You should also note that the Yellow Heat system uses about 1/5 the amount of electricity that a conventional waste oil furnace uses. The Yellow Heat furnace uses under 150 watts for the entire burner, including the compressor, the pump, the ignition and the controls. It can be operated off of 2 standard solar panels.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: taizkaron14,