BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  UK Biodiesel    Bio in Saab 2.2 TiD engine...

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bio in Saab 2.2 TiD engine...
 Login/Join

posted
OK, new to BioDiesel and just got a 2005 Saab 9-5 2.2TiD. Going to run some BioDiesel in it and see what happens.

What are the lookouts and things to check? Anything likely to affect the turbo etc?

So far I know I'll have to change the fuel filter after some months of cleaning the sludge in the tank and then need to look for fuel-line O-ring failure. That one seems like a pain.

Anything else? Should I mix it with regular Diesel or not bother?

posted Hide Post
We had a Saab owner use some biodiesel and the car did not seem very happy on the fuel at b100 but should be ok on a blend of say 30% (B30)

Slabs

PS www.vegetabeloildiesel.co.uk site is down at the moment (exceded band width?) so hence getting back on to info pop forum.

Home of Good Biodiesel http://www.cambridgebiodiesel.org

2000 Vauxhall (GM) 1.7 NA IDI Combo, Bosch VE, coolant heated fuel heater. In-tank strainer drilled out and inline filter fitted. Using FAME and veg oil blends.

Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom | Registered: October 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I saw a Saab 9-5 2.2 TiD on the road yesterday with a BioDiesel sticker on the rear by the 95 badge - so I guess he/she is running it OK. I would feel happier running a mix of Bio and regular diesel I think, but am going to run on regular for a couple of weeks more to work out what fuel economy I get with regular before I mix it in.
I am slightly concerned about having to change fuel line O-ring seals etc - seems like a real pain if needed.