Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whos who ?
 Login/Join

posted
Just a quick note to wish all UK biodieselers a Merry Christmas.

Also an attempt to find out who is still around and still making fuel; no matter how little.

I'll start.

Still living in West Yorkshire. Haven't made any for abut six months but need to get back into it due to huge income reduction; I retired from work.

dva

Cool

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still do in Cape Town. Jim.

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi DVA
I'm on the south coast-sussex.Made my last batch early december before weather took a dive-got about 500 lts bio in stock and around 200 lts wvo to process-get back to processing once it warms up a bit.
Merry christmas to one and all

Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry christmas liviing in worthin sussex and making around 1500lts wvo in stock.taralec wtere in sussex

Location: worthing | Registered: July 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in south lancing-probably 3-4 miles east of you !Small world-we should meet up,and compare notes.

posted Hide Post
contact me at INFO@SUSSEXLOGS.CO.UK

posted Hide Post
Dear dva,
Have you been watching this fellow over there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2v4f2UNL0

Ken Boak?

DF
PS I didn't mean to generalize, as I know England is much the same size as Michigan, and I certainly don't know anybody down below the Bridges who is making fuel besides JoeM in Detroit.

"I don't work with collectives. I don't consult, I don't co-operate, I don't collaborate."
Howard Roark

Location: Calumet, Michigan, Great White North | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dualfuel,

No, I didn't know about that. He is about 250 miles to the South of me. I used to be a member of a model engineering club who's clubhouse was out in the wilds. We had a single Petters to supply the electric. Thanks for the link.

dva

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi dva

Quiet times, what with the bad weather.

Still making biodiesel in Swaledale....but the last batch was December. Starting again in April!.

Cheers

Location: North Yorkshire | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still stumbling slowly forward.

mathematical elegance -- desired result achieved with minimal complication

Location: Manchester UK | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forward is the only way to go. Smile

Anyone else out there ?

dva

posted Hide Post
still making in worthing

posted Hide Post
Dualfuel,

Re Ken Boak. Sounds like the kind of thing you should be doing in your neck of the woods. It's very inspirational stuff now that out electricity is set to go up again.
But I'd have to go the whole hog and do it the way he did to make it pay. I am naturally very thrifty and don't use much energy anyway. But this coming winter will be the first since I retired from work.

Which means i will be in the house/workshop for far more hours than before and will need the heat. Maybe I will set up one of my spare Peugeot XUD engines on a frame fit a gen head to it. Utilise the hot water etc. Need to do more sums first.

As for bio ! Still making my small batches. Diesel is now £1.15 per litre today.

dva Smile

posted Hide Post
not making biodiesel but still using it,

posted Hide Post
I'm still here but haven't made any BD for at least a year. I dismantled the control system for my processor to "improve" it and haven't put it back together yet Frown That, and a new job, means that I have a lot of WVO in stock and no time or processor.

All the best for 2011!

Pete

Location: Prees, Shropshire, UK | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for bio ! Still making my small batches. Diesel is now £1.15 per litre today.

That was from me at the end of Last September. Now it's £1.30 / Litre. Ah, the good old days.

dva.

posted Hide Post
Hi Dave, I have been off the list for quite a while.

I noticed that Diesel in Richmond (N. Yorks) was £1.43 a litre!.......still making biodiesel here in Swaledale.

All the best

David

Location: North Yorkshire | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David,

Good to see your still brewing. I make a little every now and then.

Changed my car to a 1.5 Citroen Saxo Diesel. Does about the same to the gallon as the old car.

Fuel is £1.40 at Keighley Morrison's.

Regards
Dave.

p.s. Did you predict the economic problems ?

posted Hide Post
Hi dva
Still on it here in sussex by the sea,and still getting free oil,not sure for how long though-just had to buy some petrol for my outboard(getting my boat going again)nearly had a fit -looking for a diesel outboard to run on bio,but do not seem to be any around

posted Hide Post
taralec,

Fuel dropped by 2 P / litre a couple of days back. Two days after I filled the tank.

I can't think of any small diesel outboards. Tho' I suppose there must be some out there.

dva