BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    Archiving old posts
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archiving old posts
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Heron:

Don't kid yourselves, no system is any more secure from attacks then the other. Any hacker worth their salt would be able to compromise either of the 2 systems talked about here. No source code is required, just a debugger...
My .02 cents
Jon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would a hacker need a speacial tool to " debugger ".

Down here in the south we just use our index finger. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I think what we need is a -.. . -... ..- --. --. . .-.

posted Hide Post
Nice discussion, not complaining there. But it's kind of annoying with this as a sticky at the top of every section. I have to root through all my favorite sections just to see what's new or if someone recently posted to a thread I was interested in. I know there's a feature for new posts but I check the forums at work and at home and have the "remember me" box checked.

Other than that I can be of little help. I just like the forum and all the great information it provides.

1986 F350 Crew Cab 2wd SRW, Granny low T-19, 6.9 diesel. Banks sidewinder turbo and chopped Peterbilt 8" stack coming soon. Also waiting on my Advance Adapters Ranger III overdrive unit. Running various WMO blends.

Location: Akron, Ohio | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SunWizard:
quote:
Originally posted by Graydon Blair:
because phpBB is open source, all the spammers have figured out how to add spam user accounts to the thing...no matter how many fixes you put in place.

Not true, adding 1 simple and unique question to the signup process stops all the spam bots. www.burnveg.com is using phpBB for >1 year and hasn't had a single spammer since adding the question.

Quoted for truth

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I made the change last night. All posts, except those with attachments & sticky's, older than 10/31/08 are now archived on the archive forums.

Shaun

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals
Forum members get a 10% discount

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I will also be changing it so that most pictures/attachments will be hosted on biodieseldiscussion.com, which will be an improvement because attachments only show up as a link at the bottom of the post, and now the picture/attachment will actually be shown in the post. For all the posts where I do this it will show that the post was edited by me. I'm doing this to save on disk space since we have about 1.6GB of attachments on the forums.

Shaun

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A question in a recent post prompted me to go back to check on an archived post. it took a few goes but eventually I got a successful search.

I found that several of my posts within old archived threads had been deleted. Rewriting history with no indication that this had been done by a moderator rather than myself acting in the manner in which some members have a reputation for.

This was very disturbing to me as it directly effects my reputation and credibility.

I never try to rewrite history to avoid embarrassment. I stand by my comments and whatever anyone else may think of them they are part of the history of what happened.

they were left to stand at the time. One thread was locked to prevent further comments. Why have they now been edited at some later date?

Rewriting history is generally considered to be a bad thing whoever is doing it or whatever the reason.

Truth is truth and the threads I looked at are no longer a representation of the truth of what happened.

Worse still is the fact any reader would be left to assume I had deleted my posts as they are referenced in following posts by others.

I am very unhappy that this has been done.

mathematical elegance -- desired result achieved with minimal complication

Location: Manchester UK | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The archiving is finished. Also, I'm finished with the attachments. If you have linked to an attachment that I changed you will want to relink it to reflect the new url.

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

EV Car Rentals

posted Hide Post
I am a little confused . When I search from the standard Google search page , I click on a link to what is an archived post and I get this example -
"
BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Error Login/JoinWelcome, [Logout]
6781080122 is an invalid value for m.

Go Back | Home"

I this a temporary situation or does it mean the we can only search the archives only after being in the archive site ?

- Thanks

1994 F250 IDI 7.3 NA E4OD

Remember that the forum search/"find" feature does not include the archives . Search the forum archives here-

http://www.biodieseldiscussion.com/forums/search.php

posted Hide Post
Ouch...
Broken Links!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a comment about Tilly's Dr. Pepper Posts.
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...5551/m/857600061/p/1

The main Dr. Pepper post is both in the archive & regular.

It links to:

Dr. Pepper Wash:
http://www.biodieseldiscussion...701&highlight=Pepper

I think this is the Dr. Pepper Titration Page:
http://www.biodieseldiscussion...&highlight=Titration

Both of the links are broken.

Are searches stored?

Here is my search for Tilly as a Dr Pepper Topic Starter.
http://www.biodieseldiscussion...ch.php?searchid=1213

And my search for just Tilly & Dr Pepper.
http://www.biodieseldiscussion...ch.php?searchid=1209

Apparently it misses the titration page so that needs to be a separate search.

I think this is the Dr. Pepper Titration Page:
http://www.biodieseldiscussion...&highlight=Titration

Anyway, it would be handy to either move these topics back to the main forum where they originally were hiding, or to repair some of the hyperlinks as I think these are some pretty crucial documents. I presume people will eventually learn to find them, but broken hyperlinks are always frustrating.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post